Founder of Women at Pause, a professional coaching practise that focuses on women in mid–life transition.
Women at Pause was a business idea born through my own mid–life passage. Working with women for over 27 years, I draw on my experience and training as an educator, trainer, leader, mentor, business owner, volunteer, and mother, to coach others to lead successful, passionate, balanced lives.
When I took The Passion Test™, I discovered my true calling…"coaching" others. Through facilitating The Passion Test sessions and transition coaching, I offer women an opportunity to allow themselves to connect to their authentic self.
I too was once a woman wondering what was next in my life. It was a time when my daughters were becoming more independent and I was yearning for something new..something that could integrate my life experiences, skill, intuition, and natural talent.
During my transition I discovered a new purpose, to coach women to create their second half of life–the best half! As a result my clients tell me they are happier, relationships and marriages are being revitalized, and more women are finding that incredible feeling of joy!
- University of Manitoba Graduate – Bachelor of Education
- Elementary School Teacher
- Senior Sales Director Mary Kay Cosmetics. Trained and mentored hundreds of women in leadership, life/work balance, and how to build a sustainable business. During this time I achieved numerous sales awards and career cars based on personal and unit sales while mentoring others to achieve these levels and beyond!
- The top 20% of the sales force of over 30,000, and achieved a position within the company attained by 2% of the sales force.
- Organized and facilitated inspiring workshops and retreats for business women.
- Appointed Advisory Board Member for Mary Kay Inc. Canada
For 27 years I have helped women create beauty on the outside – today I do so at a different level – I help them discover their beauty on the inside.
- Certified Passion Test Facilitator. Facilitating workshops and individual sessions of The Passion Test
- Graduate of Coach U, CEG, Life/Corporate/Executive Coaching.
- Coaching clients throughout Canada, U.S., Switzerland, and England.
- Member of the International Coaching Federation.
- Held various volunteer and leadership positions in the community.
- Past chairperson of Skate Brandon, and held leadership positions within Skate Canada–Manitoba.
My commitment to excellence in coaching is demonstrated through continual training and honing of my skills as I am mentored, coached, and mentor coached, by the most highly qualified and respected professionals.
I share my life with my husband of 31 years, Guy. We have two beautiful and witty daughters, Mallory, 24 a University student, and Brittany 20, attending the University of Regina.
Hobbies and Interests
- Travel – and enjoying resorts and spas!
- Cooking – started a gourmet cooking club with 3 other couples and we have been cooking together for over 12 years!
- Listening to my favorite music on my iPod.
- Figure Skating fan. Our two daughters grew up in a rink as competitive figure and syncro skaters.
- Design – in clothing, decor, buildings.
- Good quality girlfriend time.
- Relaxing on the boat in the middle of the lake with family, friends or a good book.
- Ending the day in the outdoor hot tub (even at –30 celsius) gazing at the stars above!
My life is ideal when I am
- Growing Spiritually
- Living in love and harmony with my husband and daughters.
- Facilitating workshops at retreats at resort/spas.
- Connecting with like minded professionals.
"When you love what you do, joy appears spontaneously."
What People Are Saying
"Get ready for the "Ahas!" and how it brings life into clarity and focus."
"This has given me so much joy & freedom."
"Her intuitive nature is uncanny."
"Brenda is an ideal leader & guide for women at mid-life."
"She is polished, professional, and a compassionate coach."
"The process was a fresh way to put life priorities into prospective."
"Every woman needs a coach."
"She has a unique way of deeply connecting with you."
"I have so much energy now."
"Every woman needs to take this program...even if she thinks she doesn't...it's amazing!"
"Thank You so much for your care and dedication. You have brought positive changes into my life."